Wednesday 8 August 2012

~Childhood Memories of Ramadan~

                        
           Happy fasting to all Muslim in the world!! Thanks to God that gave us a chance to meet Ramadan this year. As we are in Ramadan, I have something to share. It is about my childhood memories of Ramadan. Everyone should have their own memories right? Let it be a sweet memories even after.

As I had remembered, I’m starting to fast in 6 years old. There was a day that I sneaked through the kitchen to find some foods when my parents are not at home. I’m very hungry! As my parents promised, I will get RM100 if I can finish fasting in 30 days. I’m lucky that my parents did not know that I had missed fasting. So, I got the money. But, that was the first and the last time I do that kind of thing. 




There is ‘Bazaar Ramadhan’ in this month. It is in front of my house. My neighbours, Ida, Dayah, Hanim, and I love to go to bazaar every evening. There is variety of foods that were sold such as Murtabak, fried noodles, curry-puff and many more. I love to eat ‘tahu sumbat’ with ‘kuah kacang’. Sometimes I love to help my neighbour to sell drinks. There are many people who came to this bazaar because it is near the main road.

I’m very excited waiting for ‘berbuka’. I think I am the first person who are sitting in the dining room and staring at the foods. There are a lot of foods cooked by my mother. Sometimes I helped her to serve the foods. My mother loves to cook ‘Asam Pedas’ and ‘Lemak Cili Api’ as it was my father’s favourite foods.


At night, my neighbours and I went to the mosque  for ‘tarawih’. The mosque is near our house. So we just walked to go there. After we were backed from the mosque, we gathered in front of our house, bring as many meals that we had bought and eat the meals together. It was very fun! I miss them a lot. We also did not miss to play fireworks. Unfortunately, my mother only gives permission for me to play ‘mercun bawang’. 


There is a time for us to take our ‘sahur’. Usually, my mother will wake up at 4.00 am to prepare for the foods. I’m very easy to wake up but not for my younger brother. I preferred to eat ‘maggi’ or ‘cornflakes’ for sahur rather than rice. Then, I quickly go back to sleep after finished my meals because I’m very sleepy to wake up early in the morning.


                          
The most interesting thing is when my neighbours and I talked and discussed about Hari Raya. We compared our shirts, shoes and accessories. We were very excited to celebrate. We sang Hari Raya songs together too.That’s all of my childhood memories that I will not forget. I hope that you guys will enjoy reading mine. Thank you.      (^ _^)











No comments:

Post a Comment